Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 9: Infinity Scarf


There are many infinity scarf tutorials out there. Most of the ones I find the directions don't make sense to me. Not sure if its just me but I found connecting the ends was completely confusing until I figure out an easy way to make the circle. I am really hoping my directions are clear. But please if you have questions let me know :)

You will need to start with 2 yards fabric (you need this for the length). Make sure you fold on the crease the long way, that way you only need to make one cut instead of two which will save you time and you will only need to sew down one side.

Once I folded on the crease the long way I then fold it again in half. The right side of this picture below is the crease. 


When I have lined up my fabric I then cut my fabric 12'' wide x 60''-65'' long (depending on how long you want it). Fold right sides together and sew all the way down the one side using a 1/4'' seam allowance.

Once you get your fabric sewn together you will have one long tube. Turn right-side out. Lay your tube flat on a table with the seam facing up in the middle of the scarf. 


Bring the opposite end folding it with right sides together (like a cuff) . The seams should match up that way you don't end up twisting your fabric. Bring it right sides together all the way to the top of the other side.


See how the seams are lined up.


Sew around the tube leaving about a 3'' hole to turn your scarf right-side out.


To finish hand stitch the hole closed.


Like I said I really hope these instructions are clear and easy to follow. If not please please contact me. 

In this tutorial I made a flannel infinity scarf but I have made many with cotton fabric, all colors and prints.

Enjoy and see you tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. hey that scarf turned out great. Still like that material and it makes an awesome scarf.

    ReplyDelete