Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 20: Hair Accessories...bobby pins and headbands

Aren't these just adorable! These would be great gifts for your girlfriends, daughters, nieces, granddaughters, ect. Also great stocking stuffers or for any occasion. I just love all the DIY ideas out there. I have really been pushing on being very thrifty and trying to save a buck.

BRAIDED FLOWER HEADBANDS



Supplies:
  • elastic headbands
  • fabric (use up those scraps)
  • felt
  • glue gun/glue
  • sewing machine/thread (optional)

I found this great step by step tutorial HERE

The only thing I did differently is I just used hot glue to hold my braids together instead of sewing it with a needle.


LACE FLORAL BOBBY PINS


These are so easy and simple to put together and can really dress up your look.

Supplies:

  • lace
  • bobby pins (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
  • buttons 
  • glue gun/glue
  • felt
  • scissors

Start out by cutting a circle with your felt. I cut mine slightly larger than quarter size. Add glue to the outer end of your felt and continue in a circle until you end up in the middle. At this point you could leave your flower with just the lace or you can add a button for some embellishment. Once you have completed the top done, glue your bobby pin to the back of your flower. 




VINTAGE BOBBY PINS


I love love these! Check out the tutorial to make these VINTAGE BOBBY PINS and to make your own Yo-Yos check it out HERE.

Enjoy! See you tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Emma has worn hers everyday since she got them. Love those headbands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she loves them :) I will have to make more!

    ReplyDelete