Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 12: Therapy Rice Bags



This would be a great addition to a stocking stuffer or for that special someone who could use a little pampering. The Rice Therapy bag can be used hot or cold and is SUPER easy to make. I believe it took me 10-15 minutes.

Supplies
  • Fabric of your choice (flannel or cotton)
  • Long Grain Rice (DO NOT use instant rice)
  • Essential Oil 
  • Sewing machine/thread
Start out by choosing your fabric. Cut two 5''x11'' strips. Put right sides together and pin. Sew around one short side and both long sides, leaving one short end open. Before you flip your fabric right side out remember to trim the excess from your corners to get a nice point. Do not trim into your thread.  Turn your bag right side out. With your open end fold a 1/4''-1/2'' under leaving no raw edges. Iron flat.


Combine Long Grain Rice to a bowl (I used a 16 ounce bag) and put a few drops of essential oil. Mix well with your hands. Scoop the rice into your bag. Pin open end well so no rice comes out. Top stitch your end shut. (Sorry I would have taken a picture of this but my camera batteries died, perfect timing right)

Directions: Microwave on High for 1 to 2 minutes and kiss those aches and pains goodbye. Or freeze it for a while.

And thats it!!  I think I will be making one for myself :)

Enjoy! See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment