Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 6: Burlap Garland


I am officially in love with my Christmas tree....now. It was looking very bare and I felt like it wasn't quite right and there was something missing. So I ventured out into making my own garland. I am really into burlap lately and I had some around the house so I decided to just start tying knots in it. And I love how it turned out.

I started out by cutting 1" strips of burlap. Doesn't need to be perfect and really I didn't care if it was fraying a little. That's what I loved about this. I am always such a perfectionist and with this I didn't care how close the knots were together or if everything was perfect. Instead I just eye balled where I needed to tie it and let the fraying begin. Once you get to the end of one string tie the two strings together with a knot. You can cut off some of your ties depending on what you want it to look like. BEWARE: burlap makes an extremely huge mess and gets everywhere and itches like crazy!

I have a 6-7' tree and I ended up needing about 60'-65' of tied garland. If you bought a yard of burlap you would be safe.


Here are what my knots looked like. Make it your own tie them closer together or farther apart. Its yours for experimenting :)


Close up of what the knots look like on the tree.

Enjoy and see you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment