Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 19: Stockings


The stockings are hung and ready for Christmas!

I found this Christmas Stocking TUTORIAL on Pinterest and I love how it turned out. This one I made for Matt. The fabric is so much fun, I actually made an apron out of it as well for myself :)

Supplies:

  • printable stocking pattern (found here)
  • fabric
  • batting (optional)
  • sewing machine/thread
  • scissors/rotary cutter/cutting mat

I did change a few things from the tutorial. I added fabric for inside and also added some batting to give it some extra thickness, plus it makes it a little more durable to hold presents. (If you decided to add the extra layers just remember to layer the outside fabrics right sides together, then your batting and your inside fabric should be facing right side up). The stocking was fairly easy to put together. The cuff was a little more difficult than I thought. But that may just be me.

I have mine and Stella's yet to make. Have fun making yours!

Enjoy! See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment