Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Makin' Banana Pancakes"

Some of you might not know this but about 5 weeks ago I changed jobs and let me tell you its been the best decision I have done for myself. I now work at Minot State University as a Financial Aid Counselor I could go on and on about why it is so great but I will just list some key points. I am loving my job position and everyone I work with. They are all so kind and helpful and always nice. I just am truly blessed to work with amazing people that make me love and enjoy going to work. Not only do I have rockin' coworkers but I now have weekends off. Anyone that is blessed with weekends off do not take them for granted. I worked for almost three years working every Saturday. This put tension and stress on my life and relationship because Matt and I only got to be with each other on Sundays and it always felt like we needed to do chores or get other things done.  Now we are truly enjoying each other :)

Now don't get me wrong I know there aren't people out there that have this opportunity and they are working so hard to make ends meet and I feel for you. But every weekend I have had off so far I have completely enjoyed. I have been able to spend time with my husband and puppy Stella so much more. We have grown so much as a family and it just puts a smile on my face because I am so incredibly happy and blessed.

This weekend just seemed so perfect. Just the simplicity of being with each other is really all that matters.  This weekend I ended up shopping for some fabrics for aprons I am making for a customer. Yes it is my first sale and I am so excited and eager to get them done and finished to see how they turn out. I promise I will post them once they are done and delivered.  I just started making them and hope to just keep building my lil' business. Also we ended up going grocery shopping which to most people is just a dreadful thing but I clearly enjoy it. I know crazy. Matt and I also ended up doing our usual Starbucks date, going out to eat, playing a few games of Scrabble (I have yet to win with him. No matter how hard I try I always get crushed. Geez....you think he would give me some sympathy ;)   and one of my favorite things to do is make breakfast with him on Sunday mornings. I also got a little sewing in until I ran out of thread....ugh.

Here are a few pictures to sum up the Benson families weekend......



Makin' banana pancakes



...and this about sums up our weekend. I love her too much :)



Hope everyone has a great week. Thanks again for stopping bye :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those pancakes just made me hungry! Stella is such a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy Linds! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindz!! I love your blog! It's adorable! What a beautiful life you are living. Love the dog, love the aprons, love the quilts... I want one! Congrats on your new job. It's so important for the soul to enjoy your career. Tell Matt "Hello!" and next time your heading the Bismarck way, call me!

    ReplyDelete