Sunday, March 20, 2011

For the love of quilting.


In January I started a beginner quilting class. Not knowing if I would like it or not. Well I LOVED it and am completely hooked and addicted. I have already compiled a stack of fabrics. A girl can never have too much fabric. I just finished my very first quilt and I know its not perfect but I am proud of what I made. I loved how these fabrics work so well together. Below I have posted some more pictures of the quilt. Enjoy!!





I owe Mardi a huge huge thank you for being such a great teacher and mentor. She taught me the basics of quilting and is constantly helping with me when I visit her at her quilt store. You really don't know how much I appreciate all of your help.

This past weekend like I talked about earlier I attended my very first quilt show and Mardi and her shop The Quilted Bean was a vendor there. I felt very blessed and honored because she wanted to hang my quilt up for show. I didn't enter it in a contest but she had it up for all too see in her booth. I was very proud. Next year I will be brave enough for all to judge :)

5 comments:

  1. Love all of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Job!!! Go for it and enter your quilt in the State Fair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey your quilt is beautiful. I don't think you need to worry about it not being perfect. It looks good to me! Who quilted it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :) I quilted it myself.

    ReplyDelete