Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pure Madness.

Well this week has been complete craziness. After an amazingly relaxing Memorial Day weekend we come back and we get news that there is a flood emergency. Leaving thousands to evacuate their homes and many unknowns. Luckily we weren't in the flood zone but I know many that were personally affected.

Matt and I ended up having our first sandbagging experience together. Many people came together and helped sandbag. We met so many great people. I must say it is very hard work. Shoveling, tying and throwing the bags. I really shouldn't complain but my hands hurt so bad today. We had a semi-truck at one time come with a flat bed trailer and hauled hundreds away and later we found out that that load was enough to help save an area. That definatley lights a fire in your belly. I am so happy and proud of us for taking part in sandbagging. Anyone that can should help sandbag. It not only helps so many people but it really makes you proud.  Plus there was news that it looks like Minot should be ok which is a huge relief.

On a little happier note. I haven't had the chance to tell you about the great weekend we had. Spending time with my family is the most important thing to me and love every chance I can get. We ended up going back to my home town for some relaxation. We had lots of laughs, celebrated a birthday and went out to eat for it, sang Lady Gaga as we drove down the highway, went for ice cream runs, helped my mom with some of her plants, spent time with some friends and delivered aprons (which if you haven't already seen they are in my last post) :)

Our family going out to eat for Darren's birthday!!



Happy Birthday Darren!!!



Oh a few other exciting things is I got a pattern in the mail for a quilt I will be starting as soon as I get back from my trip for a special someone. Ya, I know you might be thinking whats so great about that but to me its the best thing...haha. Also I am getting ready to leave very soon for a trip to Salt Lake City. I am so excited to go. I love to travel and that is one area I have not been too. I can't wait to post pictures and share with you.

One last picture for you. Its me and my husband. He is so wonderful :)




And so there you have it my week wrapped up. It's days like these that I am so glad and blessed I am from North Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment