Sunday, July 10, 2011

happy life.

This weekend our lives were completely back to normal. And that makes me very happy :)

It consisted of lots of experimenting with cooking/baking, golfing with Matt, going on walks, quilting, cleaning, laundry and relaxing in our yard. Also my mom had this great idea to move one of our tables from the backyard to our front and we have loved it ever since. So thanks mom! We've had all of our meals outside and its just so quaint and relaxing.


My life has been great this week. I went back to work which just feels good to be back in my routine also I started back on Weight Watchers as I told you I was going to do earlier this week. I already feel so much better and free :) A couple of great finds this week at the grocery store was I found Jamba Juice smoothies you can make at home. For those of you that don't know about my addiction with Jamba you would have no idea the excitement I had! I could have done a happy dance. Also we bought tons and tons of fruit. The best find were cherries. They are my favorite :)

Below are a few new things I made the past couple days. Weight Watchers friendly and delicious. My husband approves. Ladies don't even tell your men because they won't even know its low cal.



Overnight Banana Fosters French Toast

-cooking spray
-10 oz. Challah bread, sliced 1 inch thick (I used Texas Toast)
-2 large eggs
-1 cup egg substitute
-1 1/2 cups fat free milk
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp rum or rum extract

Banana Topping:
-1 tbsp light butter
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tbsp rum or rum extract
-4 medium ripe bananas, sliced

Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeeze them slightly to fit. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg substitute, milk, vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, sugar, salt and rum until combined well and pour evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight for best results.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring bread to room temperature. Bake uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 40 to 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, while its baking in a large deep saute' pan melt light butter over low heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and rum and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add a few drops of water if needed and let sauce simmer about 2 minutes. Add sliced bananas and remove from heat. Keep covered until french toast comes out of the oven. When french toast is cooked top with bananas. Enjoy!

Points+: 8 pts/serving Servings: 8 Calories: 294.8 Fat: 4.9g Protein: 10.5g Carb: 59g Fiber: 1.6g



Ricotta Cheese Chocolate Chip Muffins

-2 cups self rising cake flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/4 cup light butter
-3/4 cup sugar
-3 large egg whites
-8 oz fat free ricotta cheese
-1/2 tbsp vanilla
-9 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour and baking soda. Mix and cream butter and sugar. Beat egg whites and add to butter/sugar mixture. Mix in ricotta cheese, then flour mixture and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips and spoon into lined muffin tins about 3/4 filled. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-16 minutes and let cool. Enjoy!

Points: 5pts/serving Servings: 12 Calories: 195.4 Fat: 4.7g Carb: 34.g Fiber: 0g Protein: 4.9g 

Now I am off to share a bowl of cherries with my husband. He is the love of my life and my best friend.

What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Looks sooo yummy Lyndsey! I'm on weight watchers right now too so I'm going to have to try these recipes! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete