Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rainy Days....

I like everyone else is so sick of the rainy cold weather but, this weekend I somewhat enjoyed it. I sewed all day Saturday and Sunday while it rained out. It was a very productive weekend. I got about six aprons done and started on another two. It feels really good to have a huge order done :)

Also quilt market was a week ago or so and I have really enjoyed seeing all of the new fabric and great ideas/patterns on everyones blogs that I follow. My favorite is always MODA!!! I am totally loving Ruby by Bonnie & Camille.

I guess sewing wasn't the only thing I did. I also enjoyed watching a couple movies with my husband. Its been awhile since we just cuddled on the couch and watched a movie together. Usually I am either cutting fabric or doing other things instead of just relaxing. Also I made some AMAZING!! Cranberry-Banana Bread. Its delish!!! So good I want to share the recipe. Super easy and its healthy and Weight Watchers approved :)

Cranberry-Banana Bread



1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
3 medium bananas, ripe, peeled and mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
1/2 cup cranberries, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x5 inch pan with cooking spray.

In medium bowl, combine both flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil with mixer at medium speed until sugar begins to dissolve, about 2 minutes.

Beat in egg substitute and mashed bananas. Stir in flour mixture and cranberries.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top. Bake until browned (a toothpick inserted into center of bread should come out with a few moist crumbs) about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Place pan on wire rack to cool about 10 minutes; then turn loaf out of pan to continue cooling on rack.

Slice loaf and enjoy :)

I will be posting plenty of pictures soon of aprons I just finished. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment